Adult and Business English Course
Our Courses include
- 15, 20, 25 or 30 hours tuition per week
- One-to-One or Small Groups
- Clients are met on arrival at the Lymington Road Coach Station, Torquay by a representative of the School or are taken – if a taxi has been ordered – direct to the Host Family or Hotel.
- On arrival in Torquay clients receive a Welcome Pack including a map and local information literature.
- On the first day at the Teaching Centre in the heart of Torquay the client will receive Course Material.
- Prior to arrival or on the first day the client will take a test to ascertain their level of English and the Teacher will discuss the client’s requirements of the Course
- Homework is given to the students to consolidate and practice what has been taught in the classroom.
- Depending on the number of hours tuition requested we can offer an afternoon, evening and weekend activity programme or we are happy to make recommendations as to places to go and visit.
- End of Course presentation of a Teachers Report and Certificate.
We can arrange Bed and Breakfast Hotel accommodation or Bed, Breakfast and Evening Meal in one of our Host Families.
We can offer various accommodation packages for your stay. There are host families with bed, breakfast and evening meal and a range of B & B establishments and Hotels from 1 to 5 stars in Torquay that we can recommend. There are also apartments available for families who wish to self cater during their stay on the English Riviera.
- Lessons do not take place on British Public Holidays
- Airport Transfers to Torquay can be arranged subject to availability. Please contact the School for prices.
- All courses are subject to availability and course fees are due twenty eight days prior to the commencement of the Course.
Business English Course
- We can offer various course programmes from 15 to 20 or 30 hours tuition per week, with or without an afternoon/evening programme or Saturday excursion.
- Our Business English Courses provide specialised tuition in a small group, or one to one basis. These courses are specifically aimed at clients who need to use English in a business environment. We design the course to suit you, whether it’s a spoken focus or writing focus or both.
- Business and Professional courses are ideal for every employee – from Beginners, Basic to Proficient levels.
- Each course is designed to serve the needs of the client base whether it is Technical and Engineering, Motivation Marketing, Business Correspondence, Business Presentation Skills, Medical or Legal, Banking and Finance or with an E-Business focus. We have an experienced trainer with a good track record of meeting and often exceeding the client’s expectations.
- There will be an Intake test to assess the level of English beforehand, where the course requirements are discussed. Homework is given to consolidate and practice what has been taught in class.
- Textbooks and text materials appropriate to the client’s needs are included.
- Business course students may also use our wireless broadband connections.
- End of course presentation of Teachers Report /Certificates.
Peter Hughes, Director of E.F.A., has experience of welcoming and working with foreign students for over 30 years, with many returning year after year. E.F.A. has excellent Host families, B&B’s, and Hotels in place, close to the Language Centre which is situated in the heart of the lovely town of Torquay on the famous Jurassic coastline of Torbay.
There are many tourist attractions nearby to make your visit a really interesting one, such as Agatha Christie’s house, Kents Cavern, Torre Abbey, beautiful boat trips along Torbay, to name but a few.
We can offer all aspects of your Course from collection at the airport by taxi or information on the National Express Coach Service or the Railway to Torquay. We offer various Course Programmes from 15 to 20 or 30 hours tuition per week, with or without an afternoon / evening programme or Saturday excursion. We design the Course to suit you on a One-to-One basis or with Companies in small groups.
Please contact us directly for a tailor made price.
We look forward to welcoming you to our school!
Business Correspondence provides students with the opportunity to learn business terms, communication skills, and British business customs. English instruction is presented thematically for different business functions in the office; and new technological media in communication is taught to practice writing for international business purposes.
Business Presentation helps the students develop the language strategies necessary for business situations by using realistic activities which will increase the students’ confidence in speaking. Students explore contemporary business issues while realizing oral competency in key communication areas such as phone conferences, meetings, international trade and working together.
E-business focuses on the differences between traditional commerce and electronic commerce. Students will develop their English proficiency as it pertains to the Internet, electronic commerce and logistical support. For more information, download our brochure.
Textbooks and text materials appropriate to the client’s needs are included. Other sources of material include numerous specialised business based and general text materials and textbooks.
Business course students may also use our wireless broadband connections with their laptop computers. In addition to that, Torquay offers high quality business accommodation that can be ordered directly at E.F.A.
Cambridge First Certificate
Cambridge First Certificate Courses are available leading to the Cambridge First Certificate. Duration of course depends on the current level of English of the student. Please contact us for further details.